Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Man oh man.

Okay, so as you all know, Come Out with Pride is on October 11th, which means I have approximately 10 days to get ready for the show!!!! I'm so freaking excited and anxious. My banner arrived on Monday and it turned out really nice considering I used an online company. If you ever need any banners, I'd definitely recommend them: www.halfpricebanners.com, they did an excellent job on mine and the shipping was super fast.

As far as the details go, I still have quite a bit to do. Being the genius that I am, I ordered bags with no handles on them, so I'm spending time making handles for my bags along with some tags to go along with it (hey that rhymed)... it's a party let me tell you. I've mapped out how I want my booth to look and made some sketches, so all I need to do is start practice setting up. I've been reading a lot online about what to expect and preparing for craftshows/festivals and it's definitely helped out a lot in terms of planning, items to bring, booth set up, and most importantly, customer service :)

Anyways, enough of all this boring stuff. If you all have not heard, a couple weeks ago, there was some serious flooding that went on in the South. Atlanta and its surrounding areas were hit pretty hard. I remember driving home from work and having to turn around 3 times because of blocked roads due to flooding. It was crazy! I live near the Chattahoochee river and the park near the back of my neighborhood was almost completely underwater. Scary stuff I tell you. I got lucky that it stopped there though. Some people in other counties were not so lucky. A lot had to evacuate by boat because their house was completely flooded. Schools were shut down for a couple weeks for clean up and a lot of people couldn't go to work cuz they couldn't get out of their neighborhoods lol. Out of the years of living here, I have never seen flooding to this extent. I was almost compelled to invest in a raft of some sort, but thank goodness the storms have calmed down and the water levels are back to normal.

Okay, I think I've written enough for tonight. It's dream time... peace!

No comments: